Team Savannah for Veterans
Veteran Family Holiday Adoption
The team has chosen to adopt veteran families this year for the holidays. We understand that some veterans strive to make the most of the holidays for their family, even though they may be struggling financially. To help with this, we have decided to help some families take the burden of buying gifts for their children. Depending on the number of entries, the needs of the families, and the amount of donations; the team would like to assist with the purchasing of gifts for the kids of the families that do not have the means to provide gifts for their children.
December 1st: Nomination Deadline.
December 1st: Vetting of applications and beginning of voting.
December 7th: Voting Closes and Military Service Verification complete.
December 7th-11th: Shopping to be conducted.
December 12th: Christmas Presents picked up at designated location by the Veteran families.
Help Sponsor a Family
To make these holiday adoptions work, we rely on donors like you! Whether you want to partially sponsor a family, fully sponsor a family, or sponsor multiple families; we welcome your donations. Depending on the amount of donations, we may adopt more families or increase the budget for the families. We are not asking for every donor to donate a large amount, we understand that this time of year can be tight financially. We just ask that you help us change these family's Christmas with what ever you may have. It can be $5, $10, $25, or however much you can afford. If you would like to help with donating of material items, please see the wish lists below.
If you wish to donate material items, please contact us at [email protected] to determine the availability of items and to set up a meeting time. We do ask that all gifts be new. This means that the items are still in the packaging or items like clothes still have the tags on them.
Apply for Christmas Assistance
As veterans, we all want to be strong and be able to care for our families. Sometimes you need to get a hand up to be able to continue on. That's what we are here for. We want to give you a hand up during this holiday season, so that your family will have a good Christmas. We understand that we may not make your Christmas the best one ever, but we want to remove the financial stress that the holidays can bring to you. To receive assistance, please read our stipulations below that every applicant must agree to. Failure to provide the necessary items will be a forfeiture of assistance given. If you have any questions or issues, please send us an email at [email protected]
- Every applicant must provide a copy of their DD214 or paperwork to verify military service.
- Fall below the financial requirements listed below based on children living in household.
- Applicant must submit copies of any form of income. (Paystub, Tax Returns, or VA Compensation.)
- Applicants must be willing to meet with our organization to pickup the gifts. (Applicants will be given the time and location during notification of assistance to be given.)
- Applicants must have a detailed list of gifts to provide on December 7th. (Wish lists through Amazon is the best way to share requested gifts.)
- Applicants will be notified when their application is received. Any questions that arise during the vetting process must be answered prior to December 1st.
- Assistance is given by providing gifts for children younger than 18 years old.
To ensure that we are assisting those that are barely making it, we have developed our financial guidelines based off of the federal minimum wage. We have decided to assist those that fall below these income levels. (For households with more than 5 children, add $4,180 for each additional child.)
Children in Household
Maximum Yearly Income
***By clicking the button below, you agree to the requirements above.***